3 Temmuz 2014 Perşembe

Suleiman the Magnificent and Muhteşem Yüzyıl

As a Turkish person, I am aware of my people's history. Our history is very rich and it really astonishes me. I am fond of the history of my people and the history of world. I read and watched The Other Boleyn Girl book and the movie before reading books and watching series about Ottoman Empire and they both astounded me as subjects. I really love these kinds of books and movies. Because it is not only enjoyable but also instructive. I love all the intrigues and conspiracies in those books. 

Recently, there has been a great interest in Ottoman Empire history. The vogue started with the Muhteşem Yüzyıl which is called a lot different names in other countries but I don't have much information about it and it changes in every single country so I will mention it by the Turkish name. From literature to food, from paint industry to films, Ottoman Empire is inspiring us all. 
 In Muhteşem Yüzyıl, the main subject is the love of Suleiman the Magnificent and Hürrem Sultan who is known as Roxelana. Roxelana was brought to the palace from Kingdom of Poland. She entered the Palace as a slave. She was put in the harem and she lived there for some time. Suleiman the Magnificent fell in love with her and they had 6 children. Consisting of 5 heirs and a girl. As an emporor of a great empire Suleiman the Magnificent and the other members of the royal family were very pleased about the number of the princes. The storyline of the series shows Hürrem Sultan as an ambitious person who can do anything I mean anything to survive and to make one of her children the next emperor. But she is also portrayed as a woman who is completely in love. Of course the conspiracies, assassinations and all the intrigues are the parts of the writings and fiction. Most of them are not the real historical events. But it is really enjoyable to read books and to watch movies and series.  
A lot of countries have a great interest in Ottoman Empire,too. If you are into it I strongly recommend watching the series. It is absoulutely entertaining :))

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder